The plan was to meet our friends ‘The Mools” at Springbok on Sunday 28 October. The Earl and I, however, decided to leave a day earlier and slept over at Citrus Creek Caravan Park. From there our itinerary looks like this:
- 28/10/2018 – Springbok Caravan Park
- 29/10/2018 – Two nights Ai Ais, Namibia
- 31/10/2018 – Hardap Dam, Mariental, Namibia
- 01/11/2018 – Anjo Guest House, Windhoek, Namibia
- 02/11/2018 – Two Nights Waterberg Plateau, Namibia
- 04/11/2018 – Three Nights Namutoni Rest Camp, Etosha National Park, Namibia
- 07/11/2018 – Three Nights Halal Rest Camp, Etosha National Park, Namibia
- 10/11/2018 – Three Nights Okaukeujo Rest Camp, Etosha National Park, Namibia
- 13/11/2018 – Anjo Guest House, Namibia
- 14/11/2018 – Three nights Mata Mata Rest Camp, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, South Africa
- 17/11/2018 – Three nights Nossob Rest Camp, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 20/11/2018 – Three nights Twee Rivieren Rest Camp, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 23/11/2018 – Make our way home
So at 10:30 am on Saturday 27 October 2018 we were packed and ready to start our adventure. First stop was for a leisurely breakfast at Stormsvlei Farm Stall. Here they have tables set in a beautiful garden where the pets wander around freely.
It was a pleasant drive to Citrusdal, not much traffic but a few delays due to road construction. We arrived at Citrus Creek Caravan Park at around 4 pm and set up camp under a shady pine tree. It was very hot – 42 degrees C. The only option was to plunge into the pool which was most refreshing.
We cooked our pork chops in a pan on the induction stove, enjoyed the cool of the evening and went to bed early.
The next morning we made our way to Springbok stopping at Klawer Wimpy for breakfast. Once again it was very hot with the mercury climbing to the mid forties. We booked a cabin and a caravan site at the caravan park so that the Mools would not have to set up their tent for just the one night. Our caravan park did not have much shade but we found a spot that would do. After unhitching we went into Springbok found a Checkers and shopped for provisions. We made it just in time as they closed at 2 pm. Back at camp The Earl had a nap until The Mools arrived at 4. We all had a refreshing swim in the pool and had fun watching some dusky sunbirds, weavers, mousebirds and martins.
We used the cabin kitchen for catering, braaied some lamb chops and boerewors and enjoyed the balmy evening. Once again it was early to bed!
We won’t have internet for a while but the story will continue when we do!